Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sharing a Love Story ♥

I hope that everyone is having a lovely weekend. Today I look forward to relaxing and to start it off is a beautiful story from Mrs. Bee. I love reading stories that prove my views on how if things are meant to be then they'll be. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Spread the love!

Mrs. Bee: Buzzin' Around with the Bees


When John and I met we had both just gotten out of very toxic relationships. He signed up for CatholicMatch.com at the urging of a family friend and I signed up as a last resort after having no success finding a "good man" any other way. I actually didn't sign up as a full member in the very beginning. I wasn't sure that I wanted to jump right in and go searching, I just wanted to get my feet wet and see if there were any guys that piqued my interest.

On the second day of my membership I received an email from John. John and I both laugh about it now because I have no idea why I wanted to know more about him. His profile picture was this scary picture of him that he took his first day in Pharmacy school- no smile with his head tilted back.  His best friend likes to joke that you see "nothing but neck." I opened up his profile and the first line in the "tell us about yourself" section read: "I am looking for a woman to be a good wife and mother to my children. I like to work on tractors." Like I said, we laugh about it now but at the time I didn't know what to think! I checked out the rest of his profile and saw that we had the same religious beliefs. He also happened to have a few other photos posted and I saw he was actually very attractive when he smiled!

So I gave in. I wanted to know what his e-mail said! I decided to sign up for a one month subscription. I figured that if I didn't like what he had to say, it was the next step in potentially finding "Mr. Right." I don't even remember what he wrote to me but I wrote back and we finally exchanged phone numbers. The very first time he called me I didn't answer the phone! I was too nervous to answer but after a few hours I finally called him back. We talked non-stop for over and hour! It was a great conversation and I felt like we were on the same page in so many different aspects of life! It was so refreshing! I called my mom right after getting off the phone and said, "Mom I don't want to jinx this but this guy, he's different! I think he's the one!"

We decided to meet up the next week. With John still in Pharmacy school his schedule was pretty full but we found some time to get together on November 4, 2008. Election day. We met in Royal Oak, MI and walked around the city just talking and getting to know each other. We grabbed a bite to eat and then decided to go meet up with some of his family at a restaurant where there was an election party going on. Unfortunately this was no victory party as we are both conservatives, but that night I met three of his sisters, his brother-in-law, and his best friend! They were very nice to me that evening and John got along with them so well it was hard for me not to fall in love with all of them immediately. It's funny because when John and I talk now he tells me that he thought I had no interest in him whatsoever! I remember before I met up with him I promised myself I was going to "play hard to get" and not get attached too quickly! I guess it almost backfired! After a couple hours we decided to part ways. He walked me to my car and gave me a hug. He tells me he figured that he would never see me again! Little did he know how happy I was and excited to see him again.

In his own words, "as a last-ditch effort" John texted me a little while later to make sure I got home okay and I surprised him by texting back "so when are we going to hang out again?" We saw each other exclusively from that point on.

Just shy of a year later on October 21, 2009, John stopped by my apartment after work with an engagement ring. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. He had set up a surprise celebration at his sister's house for later that night and we went over there for Chinese food, champagne, and a "show off the ring" party. We got married on October 22, 2010.

I feel like I waited an eternity meet this man. He is everything I prayed for and more! We always joke with our friends that when God wants something He will make it happen no matter what. Despite the crazy scary profile or the playing too hard to get.. we ended up together. We are so excited to spend the rest of our lives together and love living happily ever after!







You can visit Mrs. Bee at:
Blog: http://www.bumblebeechatter.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/BuzzinWithBee


 All stories will be archived here. We would love to read your story so if you would like to share please visit for details ♥: