Saturday, January 1, 2011

Yikes, that r-e-s-o-l-u-t-i-o-n word again?

Happy New Year everyone! I have to say that just today alone is already leaving me with the feeling that 2011 will be a really, really good year.

A quick, little summary of my past week: *I was sick the entire time and out of work sleeping when my body let me and filling my body with all sorts of good medicines. When I say good, that meant good for me but not good tasting, of course. ;) *Two of our best friends got married on Thursday night. Charlie and I were both in the Wedding. It was beautiful. There are not enough words to even describe how happy I am for both of them. *We did have our New Year's Eve party last night. Charlie set up the Karaoke in the basement and holy cow was that the hit of the night. There was dancing, constant singing, great foods, laughter, tons of flashes from the photos and a house full of love. Today has been a very lovely, relaxed sort of day. 

I'm not sure about you guys but I spent today thinking about what I'd like to do this year. You know.. the 'R' word (resolutions)?... I told Charlie that there is only one thing that I'd really like to focus on above all other things this year. That one thing is.. finding out what I really want to do in life.  I say 'finding' instead of 'figuring' out because I know that what my purpose is, what I should be doing is out there somewhere, it's just lost.

I sat around thinking about all of the different careers I've dreamt of since I was a little one. They may sound silly but for whatever reason something inside of me was always passionate about each one. I'm sure there was a reason behind them all, perhaps as I type them out the reasons will come back to me.

-Art Teacher: Oh how art was always the one talent I was really confident with. When I started writing poetry in 3rd grade I had an idea of painting pictures and writing poetry to go with each one and then sell them. Such cute and innocent childhood thoughts..
-Psychologist: I specifically wanted to work in prisons and those that were in their for life. I always felt there was good in people (that hasn't changed)  and I could help find that within each of them that I'd work with.
-Nun: Honestly, it only lasted a few weeks and I have no idea where that came from but it was when I was much younger and of course had stronger beliefs.
-Police Officer: Yes, I really wanted to be. I felt that I could approach criminals a different way. I'm tiny though and petrified of guns so that would never have worked out.
-Motivational Speaker: I wanted to travel around the country and speak with teens about all the different struggles they would or could be facing. This of course came at a time someone close to me was fighting an eating disorder while another was dealing with a suicide attempt.
-Profiler for the FBI: I love people watching as I've mentioned in previous posts. I would have worked for free, haha.
-Orphanage: I never really had a title in mind just to work with children and help them find families. I guess in a way that could be classified under a Social Worker which was another dream of mine at one point in my life.
-Dog Groomer: This was actually fairly recently, I'm not going to lie. It's still in the back of my mind. After having Peanut and grooming him myself it seems like it would be a fun little business to have or work for.
-Hair Dresser: This was what I wanted to be for many years. I still colour and cut my own hair. My problem is I  just wouldn't have the patience to do hair all day. Perhaps, it would be something more for special occasions. That's still one of those..'maybe someday'.. thoughts.
-Makeup Artist: .. goes along with being a hairdresser ;)

.. So you probably get the idea. I want to be everything that is offered to be in the world, lol. I'm going to work on this year being the year that I start figuring things out. I want to start making moves. I can't wait to write a post on 12/31/2011 discussing all that I've accomplished during the year. I'm optimistic.. 2011 will be a great year.



Love you all and hope you had a fabulous New Year!
Kate