Friday, April 15, 2011

Sharing a Love Story ♥

What is better on a beautiful day than reading a lovely Love Story? I introduce to you Tracy, a fun loving chicky with a fabulous blog! You'll get wrapped up and won't be able to step away once you see her blog. Enjoy the story and this gorgeous day. Spread the love ♥


Hi, I’m Tracy from Scribble Smudge, a blog about my life as a newlywed. My love story started more than a year ago, and has been a to the mazing every day since then. My husband Doug and I met at a bon fire in January 2010. I was with two of my girlfriends, just minding my own business, when a curly-haired girl came up to me and said, “ So, I have a friend who keeps staring at you. He’s really shy, so would you mind coming to say hi?” I (obviously) had my girlfriends check him out, waited for the head nod and walked over to Doug. We talked about our jobs as teachers, hobbies, baseball and triathlons, and it was going quite swimmingly until I had to leave and all he did was shake my hand! No phone number inquiry? Psshhhh. I asked if he had a girlfriend and if he wanted my number, to which he replied something like, “Uh, um, yeah, you’re really attractive!” I was smitten.
 
 Our first date was two days later at the bowling alley. Doug made me laugh and asked a lot of questions, which I liked (he also let me win... three times). Five days and three more dates after that I finally decided he was worthy of a smooch. That was the first of 470,297,403,401 smooches (exactly). Fast-forward six months – past concerts, baseball games, camping trips and a vacation in Seattle – and we were mad about each other.
  We road tripped from Washington to San Francisco in July, and our first stop was Crater Lake, Oregon. We spent the first day hiking the lake and cliff jumping into the fa-fa-freezing water. After setting up camp we took a drive to the highest point of the lake to watch the sun set (how did I fall for that one?). Unfortunately it was 20 below outside (actual temperature: 54), so I was in a hurry to get back to the tent. Doug asked that I take a photo of the sunset before we left, so I turned around and snapped the picture. When I turned back around, Doug was on. one. knee. “Ohmygiddygodthisisit,” I thought. And it was. 
 With a $6,000 budget (!!!), we planned our shabby chic, rustic wedding for December 2010. Our ceremony took place on a historic battlefield in the park we frequently biked in. The reception was under a tent in my parents’ barn and pasture, and it was sooo fist-pump (and Ruffled) worthy. Almost everything was handmade by either Doug, my parents or my bridal party, which made it vair vair memorable.

All Weddings Photos were taken by the talented Ryan Ray at http://ryanrayphoto.com/blog/
 Since December, Doug and I have continued to spend most of our time outside, either at the beach or in a park. We also enjoy setting our tent up in the living room, practicing our trust falls, and eating Belgian waffles like they are hard to come by or something. I am learning so much about marriage and what it means to love and appreciate another person. Doug makes me laugh every day, and he always greets me with a hug and kiss. And sometimes a high five.
Over and out.

T

You can visit Tracy at:
 
All stories will be archived here. We would love to read your story so if you would like to share please visit for details ♥:
Photobucket