Monday, June 13, 2011

Sharing a Love Story ♥

Our story
Our story begins in April 2008 when Brandon and I first met at a dog park in college. I was with my then boyfriend to take Astro, our lab/pitbull mix, to play and get some exercise. Brandon was meeting us there to give us money for Chilifest (a big annual music fest in Snook, Texas) that year. I couldn't take my eyes off of his dog in the back of his truck. He had the most beautiful golden retriever! He left shortly after giving us the money, but I couldn't stop thinking about him and his beautiful dog.

Fast forward six months later, after a bad breakup (on my end), and we are in Austin, Texas for a friend's birthday. Brandon and I swapped numbers before the road trip and texted the whole drive there and the whole drive back. Those first time jitters and butterflies were so overwhelming! It was so new, so exciting, and so fun to be happy again with someone in a new relationship.  

We decided to make our relationship official December 14, 2008. After being apart over the Christmas break and with the start of a new semester in January, we spent so much time together it almost became unhealthy. Things were moving quite fast. But the love was real, and we were so happy. I told him "I love you" a few weeks later. He said it back. Simple beautiful. Complete bliss.

Summer came and went so fast. We had gone to a few mutual friends' weddings, and we started talking about our future together. Not too long after we went to look at engagement rings. Ring day in Aggieland (our college town nickname) came around in September. I was getting my Aggie ring, a time honored tradition at Texas A&M, on September 18, 2009. Brandon had completely surprised everyone by placing the engagement ring inside the ring box ahead of time!  Brandon took the box and got down on one knee. He said, "Alisha, I love you, and in front of everyone I want to show you how much I love you. Will you marry me?"

I can't tell you how much I cried before I could put any words together. Finally, I answered a muffled yes into Brandon's chest. My parents were thrilled! They always had a special place for Brandon in their hearts. Everyone else in the room cheered!
 You can visit Alisha at:

All stories will be archived here. We would love to read your story so if you would like to share please visit for details ♥:
Photobucket